Friday, March 6, 2020

Red Christmas Tudor House


Hi Everyone I was inspired this past month to create a Christmas Village and made 3 Snow Cover Christmas Tudor Houses.  This is the 3rd of the 3 houses I call " The Red Christmas Tudor House.
I used more paper mache then I have ever used to create the snow drifts on the roof which I first spent a day cutting and glueing light weight insulation foam board to create the thickness of the snow drift before I covered them with paper mache about 1/2 inch thick to 3/4 inch thick.  Then working on creating the glittery snow made out of ground up hard white stryrofoam ball material and about $40 in Mod Pod and Elmers Glue to mix and make the snow which dried as hard as a rock.  It was a nightmare trying to get it to stick to every surface of the house but took lots of patients until I dried.
I think they turned out pretty good for 17 days worth of work and staying up late at night working on them to get them finished so I can take a break.  Still trying to get enough new houses created for this years miniature sales show.
Have a wonderful month.
Stan



































2 comments:

  1. The layers of age and texture, and the change in temperatures you've created both inside and out are INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love, love LOVE about your work is that you’re always trying something new with each house. It’s really inspiring to see you stepping out and innovating new ways to get a house to look the way you want it. I really respect that about your way of creating- it’s not just making something, it’s that you’re making something and always learning too. You’ve inspired me to try my hand at a thatched roof for my Duracraft Sweetheart kit, and it’s turning out to be such a fun project. Thanks for doing what you do, Stan! 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete