Friday, March 6, 2020

Beige Christmas Tudor House



Hi Everyone I was inspired this past month to create a Christmas Village and made 3 Snow Cover Christmas Tudor Houses.  This is the 2nd of the 3 houses I call " The Beige Christmas Tudor House.
I used more paper mache then I have ever used to create the snow drifts on the roof which I first spent a day cutting and glueing light weight insulation foam board to create the thickness of the snow drift before I covered them with paper mache about 1/2 inch thick to 3/4 inch thick.  Then working on creating the glittery snow made out of ground up hard white stryrofoam ball material and about $40 in Mod Pod and Elmers Glue to mix and make the snow which dried as hard as a rock.  It was a nighmare trying to get it to stick to every surface of the house but took lots of patients until I dried.
I think they turned out pretty good for 17 days worth of work and staying up late at night working on them to get them finished so I can take a break.  Still trying to get enough new houses created for this years miniature sales show.
Have a wonderful month.
Stan

























3 comments:

  1. Preciosas casa de Navidad, tanto por fuera como por dentro; buen fin de semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These houses are full of holiday cheer! There isn't just stuff to look at along the edge of the room, because the rooms are brimming with Christmas tide happenings. Spring may be just around the corner, but the snow on the buildings makes me want to step to the window to check the skies here! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rally touching Christmas scenes. Warm and cozy inside with snowy winter outside.

    ReplyDelete