Thursday, August 25, 2022

McGreggor Castle Cottage

 


                                 

Hi Everyone, It has been almost a year since I have been able to work on creating more miniature houses.  I ended up selling my house in Denver Colorado and ended up buying a 148 year old Victorian house in Jerseyville Illinois.  It took me 6 months to find it on Zillow for something we could afford. But we have spent the past 5 months fixing it up and it is spectacular huge house with an 8 car garage and work shop and a huge office building that I turned into an Art Studio. 

I have been wanted to create a new name for the line of houses I plan on creating from here out and the new name is ( Ever After Cottages ) by Stan Gregg Miniatures. 

This one I call McGreggor Castle Cottage.  It took me the longest to build since I only worked on it in my free time and took about 1 1/2 months and about 80 some hours which I lost count.

I spent 2 days alone creating the landscaping and interior floral arrangements and in the future want to do more floral covered houses.  I liked creating this using $ Store flowers and mini trees and creating ivy vines using twine and glue and green powder to make a more realistic looking tree and vines.  

I hope you like it and it inspires you to create.


                                


                                 



                                  


                                    


                                    


                                     


                                 


                                 


                                 
































































                                   







                              

                                

                                


11 comments:

  1. The cottage is awesome, Stan! I love what you were able to achieve with the landscaping and exterior detailing. The interior is as delightfully detailed and charming as I have come to expect from you! Congratulations on the new property! The art room is amazing with all that space! I wish you the best of luck with Ever After Cottages, and with turning the new house into an amazing home! Thanks for sharing your inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good! The twine greenery is brilliant. I'm going to give that a try. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan! Congratulations on your move! I Love the new name for your cottages and McGregor Castle Cottage is Awesome! You always manage to add so many amazing tiny details and everything looks so charming and well chosen. I just love to see all the closeup details. Your new studio is really a fantastic addition... I have serious studio envy now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serious studio envy- that's what I feel, too. Congrats on your move and the mansion. Terrific work on this one- as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preciosa la casa, no me acaban de cuadrar demasiado los adornos dorados, pero en gustos no hay nada escrito. Enhorabuena por la mansión y tu nuevo espacio de trabajo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stan, thank you for sharing all your ideas. You've been inspiring me for a while and I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stan, Thank you for sharing your magical enchanted homes.I love every single one you've created.Not sure if you ever seen the 1947 movie "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" but you certainly would create it to perfection. There is a seller on Etsy who has the portrait of Captain Daniel Gregg ( the ghost in the movie ),lol, just realized you share the same name) that hangs on the bedroom wall of "Gull Cottage". Anyway, so glad I discovered you and your beautiful homes. Everyone could be my dream home.
    p.s. My husband's name is Stan and he worked in the gold mine in Val D'or Quebec : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete