Friday, April 14, 2017

Old Water Mill House 2017

Happy April Everyone, I became very bored working from home this week and just had to keep my hands  busy and I wanted to create another type of Watermill House. I think I spent about 50 hours on this house taking my time, but I would end up staying up late since it became addictive process I couldn't stop working on, while of course watching movies while I built it at the coffee table in the living room.

 I created one last year that was a hit at the sales show and sold almost immediately so I wanted to create another one but more unique than the first one I created.  I was trying to go for a 200 year old brick look, which I do think my brick technique is getting better as I go, and I really like spending the extra time grouting in between the paper bricks.  This house is about 90 percent paper mache and in areas is between 1/2 to 1 inch thick.  I tried my best at still teaching myself how to paint the stone base around the house and up close I think I achieved a pretty realistic looking stone or rock look.  I got to admit creating out of paper mache is almost addictive and meditative at the same time.  I am usually covered in the wet paper mache as I sculp it around and smooth it when I'm working.  I think I am going to leave the interior un-furnished since I spent double the time on building the house and thus it will lower the cost of the house at the next sales show.  I hope you all enjoy and I hope to inspire others with my creations.  I tried many times to download the video of the house, but I cant seem to download it onto the blog, in which it shows the motorized water wheel turning.  I did have issues though trying to create the water in the creek, I used a new medium of plastic pellets you heat and melt to make the water but heated them too hot and the water turned yellow.. darn directions say if the plastic pellets are over heated it will turn brown, . I took off the low heat as soon as it all melted, but it was my first time using the plastic pellet water stuff I bought from the Train Store... I think I will have to find an easier way to do water in the future.  But ill just pretend its a dirty muddy creek water.  Have a Wonderful Month Everyone!






















9 comments:

  1. Stan,
    This is Fantastic! I look forward to your posts, and when I see you have one, early in the morning, I grab my coffee and am so excited to sit down and read it! You are so Talented! It is such a shame about your problem with the yellow water. I don't know anything about the product you used, but was wondering if you could add something on top of it, like some urethane gloss slightly tinted with some blue paint? Since yellow and blue make green, I was thinking it might make a blue-green, natural color. I would be tempted to read some model railroad forums for a solution. Your mill house is Fantastic! I am so amazed that you make everything yourself! I can't wait to see the next house you create! You are Amazing!
    Happy Spring!
    Deri Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stan,
    Another masterpiece. The house itself is stunning and beautifully finished, but I must say your landscaping is exceptional! Well done!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan
    I like the new house and Im sorry the water turned yellow on you maybe you can use mod podge and color over it (thats what I usually do when I need to make things look moist *back when I used to make poly clay food* it works wonders)

    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stan,
    I just happened upon your masterpieces from Pinterest. I'm blown away by your gorgeous work. Looking fwd to having time to read/look through all your past projects. Thank you for the inspirations here, just amazing❤!
    Linda G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stan,
    I just happened upon your masterpieces from Pinterest. I'm blown away by your gorgeous work. Looking fwd to having time to read/look through all your past projects. Thank you for the inspirations here, just amazing❤!
    Linda G

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you would post some videos about how to make those stunning houses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow amazing home ..
    i like this blog..
    visit here
    gclub
    Gclub จีคลับ
    gclub

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blog post, and you helped me make such a fun card with it!



    ดูหนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete