Monday, May 7, 2018

Brick Mansion

 Hi everyone, a couple of weeks ago I was inspired by a picture I found online of a building that I thought I so should try to create that.  So I did, it is not a complete match to the house but my version of the house and the picture was my inspiration.  I'm calling it the Brick Mansion since I cant think of a good name to call it.  Lol.. Made so many houses this year I lost my creativity in naming them.   Its made out of paper mache and I used plaster windows I made from a mold.  I ran into an issue which I over distressed the house with sanding off 3 layers of paint I had painted on, which there are pictures below.  I worked for 2 days painting and sanding off to give it an aged looked.  But when it was done it was to overwhelming even for me liking to age or distress a house.  So it lead me to repaint it in white and age it with dry brushing the white.  I hope you like my newest creation.  Well I think I am now at about 19 house completed to take the Fall Miniature Sales Show this year.  I am going to try to take a break from creating to rest a little since this house wore me out taking twice as long to create, which I think is my largest house I created so far.  I hope you all have a wonderful month.   Stan




























 This is what the house looked like when I over distressed it.  It was sorta cool looking but too much.  I stared at it for a day just to figure out what to do.  So repainted it and started over.  But then it lead me to second guessing myself of how to lightly age the house without ruining it.

 This is right after I repainted the house in white to cover the distressing I did by sanding too much paint off of it.  I was so tired at this point since I had spent one day just painting 3 layers of color on all the trim and windows before I sanded off the paint to give it the aged look, base color of red, then dark grey and a cream color.




8 comments:

  1. Its very fine house and garden. I wonder what the yellow bush is made of?
    Britt
    e-mail: britt@fingerborgen.se

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu versión del edificio es preciosa y perfecto el trabajo del ladrillo y posterior envejecimiento!
    La adición del pequeño jardín con todo su color le da un toque genial!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Stan,
    This is gorgeous! I think you made the right call redoing the exterior finish because it now looks absolutely perfect! The brickwork is amazing as are the windows and doors. It is very realistically aged.
    The front portico created by the balcony and columns is such an elegant touch and the landscaping is lovely. This is wonderful.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, Great Job on the house Stan - There are so many good details and architectural elements. The interior looks nice and lived in too. The Final product turned out great! You should do a tutorial on making plaster architectural elements. Great photos too - Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Brick Mansion is Wonderful Stan! I am always impressed by the complexities of your structures and how perfectly they are furnished. I love your garden on this one too, which is just enough for a busy city dweller to attend to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty! Hope you do well at the show and enjoy your time to relax.

    ReplyDelete