Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe


Hi Everyone I wanted to share my most recent creation, the Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe House.  I think this one was one of my favorite ones which took me out of my comfort zone into more of a fantasy childrens book story house.  I don't do perfectly cute houses that all perfect and I started to think while I was building this house if there were truly a miniature lady living in a shoe that the shoe would probably be very old and would be outside with moss growing on it.  It took me a couple of weeks to build this house with only spending about 3 hours a day on it when I could find time to work on it.  I created a basic frame with poster board and some tape to get the basic shoe structure formed.  Them I used a ton of paper mache to sculpt the shoe and basic siding of the house, with lots of hand cut cardboard shingles and popsicle sticks for the interior walls and floors.  I also wanted a sense of lots of children living in the house with the old woman per the story, thus I created lots of miniature childrens drawing I have hanging throughout the house.  It will probably take another month or longer for all the thick paper mache to dry on the shoe since some of it is 1/2 to 1 inch thick.  I hope you all enjoy and are inspired by my latest creation.  I'm hoping it will be a big hit at the upcoming fall sales show this year.  Have a Wonderful Month Everyone.  Stan



























It took me about 4 hours to apply all the thick paper mache to the house and sculpt and smooth it around the house.  I ran to Home Depot to find some round metal pieces that I thought would look great where the shoe lases come through.  


A basic rough in of the poster board I used to shape the shoe.  With lots of tape at the tip of the shoe which I used some grocery bags to get a rounded tip to the shoe. 


7 comments:

  1. Una estructura preciosa,realmente sacada de un viejo cuento de hadas,maravillosa la forma del zapato y preciosa la cabaña!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful. A real masterpiece. I love what you have done. All the pieces inside the shoe give it real character, so much so that as I was looking at all the rooms with all the intricate detail, I half expected to see a group of boisterous children running room to room, and sounds of screams and laughter from those children echoed in my thoughts. You are a true artist. Thank you so much for Sharing your creations with us. I would like to ask you though, where do you get your inspiration from.
    I wish I had an ounce of your talent. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Stan,
    This is another masterpiece and I think one of your greatest projects! It is just perfect! When I think of the nursery rhyme this is exactly what I see. The boot part of the structure looks amazing and the house part above is, as always, spectacularly finished. The interior is perfectly accessorized. Your work always enchants me, but this one is something special.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So impressive. I love all the little pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Playful and Creative Stan! I love the way in which you have constructed the boot and the house on top. An Ingenious design both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is awesome! Such detail! Did you create all the furniture and accessories as well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    หนังตลก Comedy

    ReplyDelete